Saturday 29 December 2012

December's update.

It's been a while since I posted anything on here. This is mainly down to a lack of enthusiasm and the rubbish English weather.

Since my last posting I been busy doing this and that, during brief moments of clear sky. The new telescope is performing nicely and I still have my 10" F4.8 reflector for sale (e-mail me if you are interested) I've imaged the Crab nebula recently. Here is the image of Messier 1.












Messier 1 was one object that. I had been waiting for since buying my Canon 1000D in March. It was taken through the C9.25 SCT operating at 2.35mtr at F10. The exposures were all 600 seconds, and the over all time was just under two hours.

I think it has been well worth the wait.

Here is another image.














This is NGC 1501. As you can see it is a small round planetary nebular which, I have to say I didn't know. This was captured on the 1st December at 1.4 mtrs at F6.3.

This nebula is easily visible with medium aperture telescopes. And is now on view all night and is visible in the constellation of Camelopardalis the Giraffe.

Two weeks ago I was given a little gift from my boss. So. I went over to the Stockport Telescope and Binocular Centre http://www.telescopes-binoculars.co.uk/

They are extremely helpful. I bought a nice set of 15 x 70 Visionary binoculars for astronomical observing and Solar observing when I can see it!

I want to begin to get to know the sky better than I do now so I hope these will help me. I'm also starting to miss visual observing again. But I hope to rekindle my love of deep sky observing with both these and my SCT from Tegs Nose where I go observing with members from Macclesfield Astronomical Society http://maccastro.wikispaces.com/

I am sitting here typing this whilst it is once again raining  out side. I don't know when I will get out side again. It has been like this now for weeks and we are all getting very brassed off.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment